Birth name: Virginia Blackmore
Born: 6 March 1986 (age 32) Auckland, New Zealand
Genres: Pop, rock, R&B
Occupation(s): Singer, songwriter
Years active: 2010–present
– Blackmore left school at the age of 16 to become a musician. It was her principal who encouraged her to leave school and focus on her career which was also said to be supported by her parents. She began her career in London where she secured a publishing deal as a songwriter. She has previously written songs for artists such as Christina Aguilera and Adam Lambert but decided that she wanted to sing the songs herself. She then wrote and performed the songs SFM and Bones.
– After she began writing her own songs as a teenager in New Zealand, Blackmore moved to London with a self-produced demo album at the age of 19 and scored a publishing deal with Sony/ATV. Aguilera then recruited the songwriter to Los Angeles and asked to record her ballad “Sing For Me” for her own album, “Lotus.” After impressing Tricky Stewart and writing the song “By The Rules” with Lambert while in L.A., Blackmore began showcasing on her own, and was eventually called by Epic Records Chairman & CEO Antonio “L.A.” Reid in November 2011
– She was said to have impressed music manager Mark Sudack and later signed with Epic Records. Blackmore performed “Bones” on Live with Kelly and Michael in June 2013. She opened for OneRepublic’s concerts in Auckland and Wellington in November 2013.
– Blackmore is currently signed by Epic Records and appeared at a showcase with L.A. Reid in Los Angeles, California held in her honour. In March 2015, Blackmore made an appearance on the second season of the New Zealand version of The X Factor, serving as a guest mentor for Stan Walker’s category (Girls), and performing her song “Love Me Anyway” on the second live results show.
1. Over The Moon
2. Hello World
5. Under My Feet
6. Kissing On You
8. Put Ya Name On It
10. Holding You (Ginny Blackmore & Stan Walker)
11. Love Strikes
12. Love Me Anyway
14. Right Spot